Sometimes when I’m working on a project, I just can’t seem to get the right parts at the right time. I got all the Kee clamps [sb] to build the first (welding) table, but I kept ordering the wrong size connectors for the grinder/assembly table.
This is not a complaint. It’s just a fact, though, that sometimes projects get complicated. Things don’t work quite as simply as they ought to.
You’re all too cynical to believe something like “… I did this so I could support small-time artists and craftspeople.”
The traditional blacksmith’s anvil stand is a big chunk of log or a stump, but I had this idea of making a laid-up stand out of 2x4s and plywood. It seemed like a good design.
I’m in a bit of a gumption trap over at the studio right now. For a while, things were proceeding nicely, but then I had problems with the electricity. For someone who hates doing painting and wiring as much as I do, I sure seem to like starting projects that involve painting or wiring!
Friday I finished pulling down the drop ceiling over at the studio.
The last few days I’ve been limping around with every muscle in my body pulled and aching to some degree or another.