… but mostly out of curiosity. Let’s play a game!
If you’re not familar with this bit of military humor, let’s have a chuckle together. These are quotes supposedly lifted from British military officer’s fitness reports (Form S206) as reported in Pusser [amazon] and quoted widely around the internet.
- His men would follow him anywhere, but only out of curiosity.
- I would not breed from this Officer.
- This Officer is really not so much of a has-been, but more of a definitely won’t-be.
- When she opens her mouth, it seems that this is only to change whichever foot was previously in there.
- He has carried out each and every one of his duties to his entire satisfaction.
- He would be out of his depth in a car park puddle.
- Technically sound, but socially impossible.
- This Officer reminds me very much of a gyroscope – always spinning around at a frantic pace, but not really going anywhere.
- This young lady has delusions of adequacy.
- When he joined my ship, this Officer was something of a granny; since then he has aged considerably.
- Since my last report he has reached rock bottom, and has started to dig.
- She sets low personal standards and then consistently fails to achieve them.
- He has the wisdom of youth, and the energy of old age.
- This Officer should go far – and the sooner he starts, the better.
- In my opinion this pilot should not be authorized to fly below 250 feet.
- This man is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot.
- The only ship I would recommend this man for is citizenship.
- Works well when under constant supervision and cornered like a rat in a trap.
Here’s the game: do any of the above not apply to the President of the United States?
This post was a result of a brain-fart, reading Mano Singham’s [ms] blog posting which begins with the idea that “there are no depths to which Trump will not sink.” I immediately thought, “he has struck rock bottom and started to dig.” And that’s how my creative AI operates.