I’m sure you’ve heard, “there’s a time and place”, said at some point but I’m pretty sure people mean, “never and not here”, when it comes to my atheism. I retreat to my closet.
Here come the good Christians with their steamrollers. Why is my (dis)belief so offensive that you feel the need to squash it?
I hold back way more than speak my mind. I wish it wasn’t that way but unfortunately, I don’t see that changing anytime soon. I know there are others in the same boat.
7 Reasons I Don’t Speak Up
- to avoid confrontation
- so I don’t have to explain myself
- because we still have to work together and I don’t want it to be awkward
- to avoid discrimination
- so I can survive Thanksgiving dinner
- because you won’t take me seriously
- because I was told not to
I know it’s necessary to speak up to help others and I feel this blog is giving me that opportunity. I just wish I felt more comfortable being open in my everyday life living and working in Toledo.
How about you – do you hold back or speak your mind?