I’m thrilled to be here, and I look forward to posting stuff.
In case you’re wondering what this blog is going to be about, I have a bunch of things I plan to talk about:
- Gun control (eventually)
- Military procurement, corruption, grand strategy, imperialism
- Computer security <– “that’s my thing“
- The surveillance state and its many lies and incompetencies
- Religion and philosophy, specifically, are religions much in the way of philosophies?
- Book reports – I’m not sure what else to call them. They won’t be “reviews” – they’ll be more along the lines of ‘a bunch of things that reading this book made me think about’
- Maybe some recipes
- Maybe some stuff about various crafts I get involved in
- Rhetorical tricks and “can your dialectics break bricks?”
- Anarchism and moral nihilism
- Historical skepticism
I also intend to post some stuff regarding verbal abuse and how to use abuse, or how to contextualize invective. That will probably feed into a commenting policy, which I will enforce. Spoiler: I don’t expect you to be nice to eachother, but if you’re going to be nasty, I want to see creativity. Please.
For the present, I think that I am going to keep from going into other writings at great depth – especially because I’m going to be pointing you toward things that are pretty long or crunchy. I’m probably going to favor offering an overview of something, a pointer to the original, some chunks out of context, and my analysis of the same. I’ve used that sort of approach for a long time and it has worked pretty well, I think. I may remix a few of my old postings from Deviantart or my personal website, too. There’s a lot of writing I’ve been meaning to revisit and this seems like a great chance to do it.