The Religious Reich have a Xmas wish list, one they fully expect Santa Trump to fulfill. Just the wish list here, click over to Right Wing Watch for the grisly details.
After jettisoning all of their rhetoric about public morality and personal character in order to help Donald Trump get elected, Religious Right activists are now hoping the president-elect fulfills the promises he made to the social conservative movement during his campaign.
Trump, who received the support of around eight in ten white evangelical voters, spent months boasting that he is a “great Christian” who will restore the long-lost holiday of Christmas and create “the strongest Christian lobby.”
“Like President-elect Trump, we have much to celebrate this Christmas season,” the National Right to Life Committee declared in its December newsletter, rejoicing in Trump’s anti-choice policies and Cabinet picks.
As Christmas approaches, Religious Right activists are reminding Trump of the good deeds they did to help elect him and demanding that he, in turn, deliver on his promises. Here are just 12 of the gifts the Religious Right is expecting from Trump in the new year:
- Nominate conservatives to the Supreme Court.
- Repeal the Affordable Care Act.
- Sign the First Amendment Defense Act.
- Rescind Nondiscrimination Protections.
- Defund and Investigate Planned Parenthood.
- Reinstate the Mexico City Policy.
- Codify The Hyde Amendment.
- Sign a 20-week Abortion Ban.
- Sign The Conscience Protection Act.
- Repeal The Johnson Amendment.
- Federal Voucher Funding.
- Curb Immigration, Ban Muslims and Stop Refugee Resettlement.
The details aren’t pretty. If all this is managed, we’ll be well past the welcome to fascism stage. Via Right Wing Watch.