Here are a few food safety tips for your pet over the holidays.
- Keep chocolate out of reach from your dog. It’s toxic to then.
- Keep alcohol out of reach of pets. I used to have a cat with a taste for brown cows.
- Limit table scraps. Too much rich food may cause diarrhea, gastric upset and potentially, pancreatitis.
- Give pet safe scraps only. White meat with no skin, unsalted and unbuttered veggies and plain white rice are good options.
- Don’t give your pet bones and mind the turkey carcass. Cooked bones can splinter easily and cause injury to teeth or gastric systems of both cats and dogs.
- Don’t let your pet eat raw dough. Yeast might still rise after ingestion or release fermented sugars, which can cause ethanol poisoning.
- Wash pans right away or put them out of reach of your pet.
- Don’t leave cookies and milk for Santa within your pet’s reach. Leave Santa a note telling him where the treats are if he wants one.
source – Top Dog Tips
source – Catster