Libby Anne gets responses from people saying “yes but we home-school and we follow Jesus but we don’t fit your description.” She gently points out that if they don’t fit the description then she’s not writing about them…and goes on to provide a list of the genuine problems with “the various teachings of Christian Patriarchy and Quiverfull” [italics hers], not having a large family or homeschooling. Among them -
- When parents teach their daughters to dream of nothing but homemaking and seek to kill any other desire or dream, that is a problem.
- When parents teach their daughters that boys are to go out into the world and take dominion while girls are to take dominion by doing laundry, that is a problem.
- When parents teach their daughters that women are created to serve men, that is a problem.
- When adult daughters are expected to obey their fathers and remain under their fathers’ authority, that is a problem.
- When parents insist that they control their adult daughters’ romantic relationships and can’t trust them to be adults and make their own decisions, that is a problem.
She knows this from the inside.