Trump’s team is worried. Seems they finally figured out they won’t be able to focus Donny at all. Instead of even pretending to do anything presidential, the Angry Tweeter in Chief spent most of his first weekend in office angrily tweeting, and siccing Spicer on the press, to present those alternative facts.
The New York Times said Sunday night that Trump spent a “rocky” first weekend in office as he echoed his campaign trail cycle of “angry Twitter messages, a familiar obsession with slights and a series of meandering and at times untrue statements, all eventually giving way to attempts at damage control.”
“The lack of discipline troubled even senior members of Mr. Trump’s circle,” reported the Times‘ Peter Baker, Glenn Thrush and Maggie Haberman, “some of whom had urged him not to indulge his simmering resentment at what he saw as unfair news coverage. Instead, Mr. Trump chose to listen to other aides who shared his outrage and desire to punch back. By the end of the weekend, he and his team were scrambling to get back on script.”
During the inauguration itself, Trump reportedly became “increasingly angry” as Twitter users posted photos of his inauguration crowd next to Pres. Barack Obama’s much larger audience from 2009.
“But he spent his Friday night in a whirlwind of celebration and affirmation,” the Times said. “When he awoke on Saturday morning, after his first night in the executive mansion, the glow was gone, several people close to him said, and the new president was filled anew with a sense of injury.”
Aaaw, the glow was gone. Golly, who could have foreseen that one? You’d think Donny would have at least somewhat prepared himself for the great disappointment, given the months of refusals by performers, and the inability to even give tickets away. Most people would have gotten a hint from that, to say the least.
Even stalwart Trump supporters like L. Lin Wood are concerned that the administration is off to a bad start.
“To someone who believed we might have a good opportunity to change, it’s just a terrible start. Because he’s got a long way to go,” Mr. Wood told the Times. “This is going to go downhill quickly if it’s not changed, and that’s not good for any of us.”
The rest of us had that figured out last year. FFS. Via Raw Story.
Taking a brief break from the Angry Tweeter, Richard Spencer, the wannabe nazi hero, is back to whinging all over the place again.
Neo-Nazi Richard Spencer wants you to know that actually, he’s not a Nazi, but a supporter of “identity politics for white Americans and for Europeans around the world” and that the ethnic cleansing he and his allies are calling for would be the “peaceful” kind.
Oh, there’s that “peaceful ethnic cleansing” shit again. Right. Because everyone Spencer doesn’t like or deem white enough will just pack up their stuff and leave, no fuss. It never seems to occur to the nazi that this road goes two ways – go buy yourself an island or something, Richard, and you can all set up Naziland. You won’t be missed.
Speaking to the New York Times from on Saturday, the “alt-right” progenitor said he’s deeply worried that video of him getting punched on Friday during Donald Trump’s inauguration is going to become “the meme to end all memes.”
:Snort: Oh gods, almost choked on my tea. Someone certainly thinks highly of themselves. Perhaps the solution to this dilemma, Richard, is for you to never appear in public again. Whatever power you think you may have, you don’t have what it takes to “end” memes. I’m afraid they will be around for a very long time.
Spencer feels that he is misunderstood. He told the Times that he’s not a Nazi per se, he’s just a white nationalist member of the “alt-right” who supports “peaceful ethnic cleansing.”
He prefers to steer clear of the word “Nazi” because it’s “a historical term” that is “not going to resonate today” thanks to unpleasant associations with Adolf Hitler and Nazi Germany in the 1930s and 40s.
“German National Socialism is a historic movement of the past,” Spencer told the Times. “It arose at a very particular time and had particular motives and ideas and policies and styles, and those aren’t mine.”
You aren’t misunderstood, Richard. You’re a wannabe nazi. For a “historical term”, there are a whole lot of neo-nazis, all over the world, and they don’t seem to think that “historical term” is at all irrelevant. Kind of makes you an idiot, Richard, or a dilettante who is having trouble with that makeover.
In the wake of his pummeling on Friday, Spencer now says he’s reconsidering whether it’s safe to go out in public.
“I don’t think I could go out to an inauguration event without bodyguards or a protest or a conference,” he said. “I am more worried about going out to dinner on an average Tuesday because these kind of people are roaming around.”
Oh FFS. Most people don’t even know who the fuck you are, dude. If you keep your mouth shut while out in public, rather than seeking out reporters to spout nazi rhetoric at, I imagine you’ll be just fine. You’re certainly safer, by magnitudes of order, than any woman or person of colour. All you have to do is shut up. Reflect on how nice it is you don’t have a pussy to be grabbed.
“I’m going to have to start really thinking about operational security,” he said in a Periscope video entitled “The Assault on Me.”
There you go again, flapping your mouth. Close it.
“Right now, I’m in a safe space,” Spencer assured viewers before lamenting that since the fall of 2016, U.S. liberals have turned to “European-style anti-fascism,” which he called, “the kind with baseball bats.”
“We need to take very seriously the notion that anti-fascists aren’t going to just scream at us, they’re going to physically attack us,” he said.
So sweet you’re in your safe space, perhaps you should stay in it. Most anti-fascists did not attack you, and there was not a single baseball bat in evidence. You didn’t even get whacked with a protest sign. Someone couldn’t take anymore of you constantly talking, and decked you. Seriously dude, the way to safety? Shut the fuck up. It will do the trick.
Via Raw Story.
Back to The Angry Tweeter, authorizing the gulping of money to fund his 2020 campaign. Are we still going to be doing campaigns in four years?
On Friday — the day Donald Trump swore in as the 45th president of the U.S. — his campaign committee authorized two joint committees to raise funds for his 2020 presidential bid. Trump, however, said that the paperwork was not a formal announcement of his candidacy for the 2020 election.
The Donald J. Trump For President Committee filed an amendment to their statement with the Federal Election Commission on Friday afternoon, stating that it supported Trump and Vice President Michael Pence. It also authorized two joint fundraising committees — Trump Victory and Trump Make America Great Again.
In a letter to the commission on the same day, Trump said that while he had reached the $5,000 mark required to file an official statement of candidacy, the paperwork “does not constitute a formal announcement of my candidacy for the 2020 election.”
Earlier this month, Trump’s team announced the 70-year-old he would keep his presidential campaign committee alive. Trump’s former deputy campaign manager Michael Glassner, along with Arizona deputy treasurer Sean Dollman and John Pence (Pence’s nephew), will reportedly head the committee. The group is planning to concentrate on fundraising and building data for the newly sworn-in president’s possible re-election in 2020, and will coordinate with the Republican National Committee.
I just don’t have anything, outside one very long, loud scream. Via Raw Story.