I leave for the airport in under three hours. I keep vaguely thinking I should be doing preparing things, but they’re mostly done really. I’m neurotic about travel.
It’s raining here. I keep thinking I should take a hoody because rain, but I don’t want to. I’m neurotic about packing.
It will get quiet here while I’m on the road, because I won’t have time (or Wifi) to post much. You guys should make this a nice coffee house thread to discuss all the things, so that you don’t get lonely for each other.
You could discuss
- places you’ve never been to that you want to be to
- how to endure ten hours on a plane in an inside seat in the inside aisle
- what food to pack in what quantity
- crime and punishment
- feminism and its allies and its wannabe allies who are actually more interested in their own standing as allies than they are in feminism or the status of women
- how to frame questions as passive-aggressive shots
- the Bechdel test
- the role of the Catholic church in US healthcare
- the role of the Catholic church in Ireland
That’s not an exhaustive list, just a place to start.