My new favorite thing is @herpderpedia on twitter, who is retweeting all of the completely moronic things people are saying because of the Wikipedia blackout. It’s simultaneously hilarious and soul crushing. There seem to be some common themes, like:
- Why is Wikipedia down?! (If you could read, you would know…)
- How am I supposed to do my homework without plagiarizing Wikipedia?!
- Wikipedia is never coming back!
- Why did Obama shut down Wikipedia?!
- Wikipedia is gay!
- Why did soap/a sofa shut down Wikipedia?!
Except with way more caps lock, swearing, and race/gender based insults.
Oddly, this fills the reddit shaped hole in my day.