Emery Emery, the “Great Penis Debate” guy, the Ardent Atheist, the guy who wrote that stupid piece about how we all just hate sex – Emery Emery has a new wheeze. His new wheeze is a fundraiser to donate to Michael Shermer’s legal fund.
I’M JUST A MEMBER OF THE COMMUNITY
- My name is Emery Emery and I am launching this fund raising effort for two reasons.
1. As a show of public support for Michael Shermer.
2. To help alleviate the expenses associated with Michael’s effort to defend his name.
- I do not know Michael Shermer personally and he has no idea I am setting up this fund raiser. I will be making sure that all money donated will go directly to his legal team and not to him personally.
- If any funds are raised beyond Mr. Shermer’s legal expenses it will be used to promote skepticism and science.
- The way that money will be donated will be put to a vote of the donors themselves via email.
If you believe what PZ Myers did was wrong, express your disgust by donating to Michael Shermer’s legal fund now.
All of that seems to assume complete confidence, even certainty, that Shermer has never sexually harassed anyone. That’s a lot to be that confident or even certain of, in the circumstances.
Why Should I Donate?
- Don’t sit back and do nothing while Michael Shermer is accused of a heinous crime and do not think it will stop here. PZ Myers and the FtB feminists have set their sights on skepticism and atheism in general. They clearly want to do harm to the institutions.
- A show of support will send the message that we as a community will no longer tolerate illogical attacks on people who do not condone nor support sexual harassment, sexual predation, or rape any more than we support defamation of our community members from anonymous allegations.
“PZ Myers and the FtB feminists” – sounds like a band, don’t it.
We’ve “set [our] sights on skepticism and atheism in general” – what does that mean? We want to shoot and kill skepticism and atheism? No we don’t. We “want to do harm to the institutions” – what does that mean? Nothing, really; it’s gibberish. If he means we want secularist and skeptical organizations to do a much better job of dealing with sexism and sexual harassment, and of including women instead of ignoring them, then yes, we do. But guess what – that’s not “doing harm” to them. On the contrary, it’s making them better.
Granted not everyone will see it that way. In particular, people who have been enjoying their freedom to sexually harass with impunity won’t see it that way. But people who don’t see why atheism and skepticism have to resemble frat parties will, and I think the latter vastly outnumber the former. I think better of atheism and skepticism than Emery Emery does. He thinks they’re all about people like him, and I don’t.
The most disgusting item in Emery Emery’s fundraiser is the last one, the $5000 one.
$5,000+ A Bottomless Glass Of Wine
For $5000 you will receive a night of drinking wine with Emery Emery who will not be drinking but keeping your glass full.
See what he did there? Yeah.