About me. Posted on Michael Nugent’s blog yesterday.
No way am I telling you my name
May 28, 2013 at 9:41 pm
1) How lovely. Your “healing the rift” effort required a sharing of email addresses at least one of which has been distributed to Ophelia Benson
No. No email addresses have been “distributed” to me. “Skep tickle” gave me her email address by commenting here – commenting to tell me to “get help” for my “paranoia.”
2) who, as I type this, is gleefully doxxing an atheist woman
No. I was not “doxxing” her. I did not “dox” her. That’s an outright lie.
3) who’s not ‘out’ in her real-life community
Wrong. Yes she is out in her real-life community. She is on the board of an atheist organization in her real-life community, under her real name. That is being out. Number 3 is another outright lie.
4) Well, she is now. Revenge for “talking shit” about Ophelia.
No. Two more lies. She is not out now, so there is no such revenge. If I had outed her, it still wouldn’t be revenge; it would be denying her the ability to trash me in public with no consequences to her reputation. It would be denying her the ability to protect her reputation in the act of damaging mine.
5) And the “talking shit?” You can go see it for yourself. The woman asked Ophelia if she really thought Justin Vacula was attending the conference in Dublin specifically to “stalk her.”
No. She told me to get help for my paranoia. It’s right here.
Please get some professional psychological help. I’m serious. Paranoia seems to be consuming you.
That’s the whole of her first comment. Under the circumstances – two years of nonstop harassment by her friends at the slime pit – that’s a deliberately offensive provocation.
6) Earlier this week she refused to take down another woman’s private post which Ophelia had re-posted
No. It was not a private post. It was a tweet. I didn’t re-post it; I did a screen grab of it and posted that, on a page where I document a tiny sample of the harassment I get. The tweet was about me, obviously. Katie Graham (the tweeter in question) made her Twitter account private long after that.
7) even after the woman told her it endangered her life by exposing her private information
No. The tweet exposed no private information at all, and Graham was commenting here as Graham (while the name on her tweet was just some random initials). Graham’s comment here itself gave private information that the tweet did not expose. The tweet exposed nothing.
8) to her mentally ill and armed ex-husband
No. She mentioned her mentally ill mother, and then mentioned a gun. She didn’t say her mother was armed.
9) and begged her to remove it
No. She peremptorily asked if I was going to remove it, now that she had made her account private (which I, not surprisingly, hadn’t known).
10) Nope, said Ophelia, not taking it down. That’s the revenge for “talking shit”.
No. It wasn’t revenge. I didn’t like being more or less ordered to remove the tweet in this way, and she gave no explanation whatever of how the tweet could have anything to do with her mother or anyone else finding her or harming her, and I could see for myself that it contained no information about her at all – not her name, not her location, nothing.
11) Fortunately Ophelia was shamed into removing it the next day, but what damage was already done?
No. I was not shamed. After a short exchange she apologized for being so peremptory and explained that having made her account private she simply wanted to see that tweet gone. Fine; I took it down. No damage whatsoever was done. The tweet contained no information about her at all.
11 lies in two paragraphs. That’s an impressive count.
I emailed Nugent to tell him about the comment full of lies. So far he’s done nothing about it.
Update: He did remove it not long after I posted this.