I can now add “Having a game made out of it” to my boobquake meme’s growing list of accomplishments. I’m not sure where it fits in with appearing on the Colbert Report and having a Wikipedia article, but it’s up there.
Here’s the trailer:
I admit I felt about every emotion possible while watching that.
- Awe that I did something that inspired a game
- Amusement at the juvenile humor
- Annoyance at the fact that it’s only juvenile humor. Couldn’t put her in a lab coat? Have earthquake facts thrown in? I know it’s hard to believe, but boobquake was about skepticism, not boobs.
- Happiness that it’s at least well done – the art is wonderful
- Disgruntledness that someone’s making a game off of my idea without ever asking for my permission, and potentially making money from it
- Disappointment that you run over women in burkas
- Guilty glee that you get to run over angry feminists
- …More disappointment that I actually look more like the angry feminist, not society’s stereotypical view of beauty (skinny, boobs hanging out, and blonde)
Hm. Mixed feelings indeed.
Though I have a hard time staying disgruntled when I know the creators are two punk-rock looking Germans who are my age and have great art skills, great bright red hair, and great Mario wallpaper.