The whole carpet began to unravel with a call to the Georgia secretary of state, Brad Raffensberger, asking him to find 11,780 votes to overturn the presidential election in his state. The carpet was woven well before that, though, with plans made even before the election to cast doubt on any results that went against the desired result of Trump’s victory. These people knew it, they conspired to replace legitimate votes with fraudulent ones, and now they’ve been called to court over it.
- Donald Trump, former US president
- Rudy Giuliani, Trump lawyer
- Mark Meadows, White House chief of staff
- John Eastman, Trump lawyer
- Kenneth Chesebro, pro-Trump lawyer
- Jeffrey Clark, top Justice Department official
- Jenna Ellis, Trump campaign lawyer
- Robert Cheeley, lawyer who promoted fraud claims
- Mike Roman, Trump campaign official
- David Shafer, Georgia GOP chair and fake elector
- Shawn Still, fake GOP elector
- Stephen Lee, pastor tied to intimidation of election workers
- Harrison Floyd, leader of Black Voices for Trump
- Trevian Kutti, publicist tied to intimidation of election workers
- Sidney Powell, Trump campaign lawyer
- Cathy Latham, fake GOP elector tied to Coffee County breach
- Scott Hall, tied to Coffee County election system breach
- Misty Hampton, Coffee County elections supervisor
- Ray Smith, Trump campaign attorney
They’ve been indicted on racketeering charges by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis (quick — has Trump been medically tested for syphilis? That’s how they got Al Capone, you know.)
These charges represent many serious felonies, and it’s not just a pattern of criminal behavior — it’s an overt attempt by the chief executive to undermine the rule of law and commit treason against the Constitution. Invoke the 14th Amendment and kill this guy’s campaign to run for re-election again.
Although, to be sure so far these are just more charges against these awful people, and we’ll have to see if he actually gets convicted. I grew up seeing Nixon getting off scot-free so my confidence isn’t high.
Brace yourself for the flurry of disingenuous defenses to come.