I am no longer quarantined, so I have big plans for today.
- I fed all the adult spiders yesterday. They missed me, I could tell, and were pleased to see dinner.
- I’m going into the lab this morning to feed all the hundreds of babies. I’m more worried about them; the gap in their feeding schedule is more likely to have consequences on their rate of growth.
- More egg sacs hatched while I was away! I have to sort out more spiderlings.
- More egg sacs were made! It seems to be a common response at a certain age to start desperately producing a new generation.
- I’m going to get a flu shot. Vaccines are good.
- Late this afternoon, Mary and I are driving to Eau Claire, Wisconsin where my daughter and her family have moved. A 4-hour drive is manageable, and probably worth it to see our granddaughter (our grandson is 21 hours away, not a casual drive). I’ll be coming back on Sunday, but once again, my wife is leaving me for a few weeks because I guess she prefers Iliana’s company.
That’s it! That’s my day! Spiders and grandchildren, always a good plan.