Thunderf00t concludes with a call to conference organisers and leaders of secular groups:
“Seriously, those who organise conferences, get a grip. You do not have to appease the request of every PC whiner. The secular community can achieve great things, but it will never achieve anything while it has poison like this being dripped into its heart. Please forward this video to leaders of secular groups who you think need to hear this message.”
Thunderf00t, I’ll give you a straight answer. As an organiser of conferences and as chairperson of Atheist Ireland, I will oppose any attempts to ostracize the people you name, and I will also oppose any attempts to ostracize people like you who disagree with them.
I don’t think I knew it when I wrote that post, but Nugent had already gone public with Atheist Ireland’s plans on the matter of making Atheist Ireland inclusive (or as Tf00t put it “appeasing the request of every PC whiner”). He did a post after their annual General Meeting to lay out their plans for next (now this) year.
Check out item 6.
6. Women in Secularism Conference
- Organize an international Women in Secularism conference in Dublin
- Invite speakers from Ireland, elsewhere in Europe, and other Continents
- The theme of the conference is Empowering Women Through Secularism
- Start promoting theme on UNESCO Philosophy Day November15
- Support the CFI Women in Secularism Conference in Washington
Oh. They’re going to have their own, international Women in Secularism conference in Dublin, as well as supporting the one in DC.