Female journalists were physically attacked by the Islamists in Bangladesh. Nadia Sharmin, a TV journalist is admitted to hospital.
The Hifazat-e Islam not only barred women from entering its rally in the capital on Saturday, but also harassed physically and mentally several female journalists performing their professional duties there.
Activists of the Chittagong-based radical Islamist group assaulted Ekushey Television Reporter Nadia Sharmin at Bijoynagar and interrupted Financial Express Reporter Arafat Ara at Paltan when she was going to office.
On Friday, Mohona TV Chief Reporter Sumi Khan faced obstruction from the Hifazat activists in Chittagong.
Female journalists were not alone to face the Hifazat harassment, even the women garbage collectors were driven out from the rally area.
Leaders of the group demanded imposition of restrictions on open movement of male and female together, from the rally organised in Motijheel to press for their demands, including action against ‘atheists’.
Nadia Sharmin told bdnews24.com that she was attacked around 3pm when she went to cover the rally.
“Some Hifazat activists came to me and told me that admission of women to the rally is not allowed. They said, ‘You resort to falsehood. You’re the agents of Ganajagaran Mancha.’ At one point of the conversation they assaulted me. I took shelter in a car nearby and then they even tried to vandalise the car,” she said.
Later, several journalists tried to take Nadia to Bijoynagar where she was attacked again.
“Fifty-sixty activists hurled brickbats and water bottles at me at Bijoynagar. They snatched my mobile phone and handbag having several thousand takas. Then they threw me on the ground and beat me up,” she said.
Injured in the head, left side of the neck and leg, Nadia was sent to the Dhaka Medical College Hospital for treatment.
She said she was attacked only for being a woman.
I am not surprised that women are attacked by the Islamists. They hate women, because their god and prophet hate women.
Leiningen's Ants says
They look so very human, too. Shocking what you find if you just scratch the surface. It’s like a roiling, boiling ocean of seething hate and vileness, of pus and bile and phlegm, misplaced anger and aimless rage, just underneath. The ocean even has whitecaps, for a bit of wordplay comic relief.
Also, kind of out-of-the-blue thought here, I would LOVE to see a modern, feminist take on “Attack Of The 40 Foot Woman.” Because if any group of men need a nigh-unstoppable pissed off giantess to turn their little gathering into a big mosh pit, there’s the appropriate crowd to go surfing on. Hell, make it Attack Of The 40 Foot Women!
Vital Sign says
These people are mentally ill and their religion is one of the hatred religion all over the world.History proves itself….as a part of globalization, we should not consider this religion as a religion of world because this is a particular religion where women are treated like a beast !!!!!
1. The Prophet Muhammad said, may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him: Your Heaven lies under the feet of your mother (Ahmad, Nasai).
2. A man came to the Prophet and said, ‘O Messenger of God! Who among the people is the most worthy of my good companionship? The Prophet said: Your mother. The man said, ‘Then who?’ The Prophet said: Then your mother. The man further asked, ‘Then who?’ The Prophet said: Then your mother. The man asked again, ‘Then who?’ The Prophet said: Then your father. (Bukhari, Muslim).
3. Abu Usaid Saidi said: We were once sitting with Rasulullah when a man from the tribe of Salmah came and said to him: O Messenger of Allah! do my parents have rights over me even after they have died? And Rasulullah said: Yes. You must pray to Allah to bless them with His Forgiveness and Mercy, fulfill the promises they made to anyone, and respect their relations and their friends (Abu Dawud and Ibn Majah).
4. Abdullah ibn Amr related that the Messenger of Allah said: The major sins are to believe that Allah has partners, to disobey one’s parents, to commit murder, and to bear false witness (Bukhari, Muslim).
5. It is narrated by Asma bint Abu Bakr that during the treaty of Hudaibiyah, her mother, who was then pagan, came to see her from Makkah. Asma informed the Messenger of Allah of her arrival and also that she needed help. He said: Be good to your mother (Bukhari, Muslim).
maybe you should study the religion before talking non sense and on who hates women.
mam, i tried every way to get reply from you.. but i didn’t get any response.. i’m writing one reasearch paper on you.. some direct infos could help me..