In honor of the day, here is a little video of a dog ‘rescuing’ a child from the ocean. The dog either thought that her shrieks of delight were actually signals of distress or maybe he was acting on the general principle that children should not be in the ocean without wearing a lifejacket. He was also probably annoyed at the grownups present for not aiding in the ‘rescue’ and instead simply filming it.
In this video, a cat pulls a magic disappearing act on a dog.
Cat vs. dog 😹 pic.twitter.com/CKUt6xNvqe
— The Dodo (@dodo) August 25, 2018
Baxter the Wonder Dog has not had any occasion to engage in dramatic rescues but I am sure that he would rise to the occasion if need be. Here he is doing what he does best, just chilling in the back yard.
Here are some quotes about dogs:
- “Everything I know I learned from dogs.” – Nora Roberts
- “Dogs’ lives are too short. Their only fault, really.” – Agnes Sligh Turnbull
- “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” – Roger Caras
- “Happiness is a warm puppy.” – Charles Shultz
- “Every dog must have his day.” – Jonathan Swift
- “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.”- Josh Billings
- “I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me, they are the role model for being alive.” – Gilda Radner
- “When I needed a hand, I found your paw.” – Unknown
- “Everyone thinks they have the best dog. And none of them are wrong.” – Unknown
- “Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them, and filling an emptiness we didn’t ever know we had.” – Thom Jones
- “Love is a four legged word.” – Unknown
- “The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be.” – Konrad Lorenz
- “Some of our greatest historical and artistic treasures we place with curators in museums; others we take for walks.” – Roger A. Caras