The Board of Regents is visiting campus, and I found this invitation slipped under my office door. (Not from the Regents, obviously.)
This is clearly a dig at a certain regent who made some stupid comments. I’d like to go, except…
- My attendance would contribute nothing to diversity
- Nobody from the Board of Regents will bother to show up
- That’s my birthday! Can’t I find a better way to celebrate it?
My counterarguments would be…
- But it would show that even old white men support diversity
- I care what the students think, not the Board of Regents
I guess that’s my Thursday evening planned out then.