Economist Gabriel Zucman has compared what the average tax rates will be depending on your income, based on the various plans offered by Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden, and under Donald Trump. It should come as no surprise that Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren go easy on the bottom 99% and start taxing the richest 1% very heavily, with Sanders really socking it to them. Joe Biden and Donald Trump tax the 99% more than the other two plans, tax the top 1% a lot less, and greatly reduce the tax rates of the top 400 individuals.
You can also simulate the tax plans of the main presidential candidates:
Based on their currently released plans, this is how Warren, Biden, and Sanders would change tax progressivity
Their proposals are still being refined. We'll update the model as new proposals come in. pic.twitter.com/Qy0vaJvmL2
— Gabriel Zucman (@gabriel_zucman) October 14, 2019