I watched the Democratic debate tonight, sort of. I wasn’t paying close attention, but here are my impressions, anyway, ranked in my order of preference.
5. Chaffee: why is this guy even here? Muddled and goofy.
4. Webb: Beetle-browed bellicose buffoon.
3. O’Malley: Meh. Not awful, not very interesting.
2. Clinton: The confident moderate. Will probably win. Don’t expect much change.
1. Sanders: The revolutionary. Would shake things up, if he had a cooperative congress…otherwise, nothin’.
Just send 5, 4, and 3 home — I can’t imagine them making a decent showing in a debate with the blustering clowns in the Republican party.
You probably have a different impression.