I’ve made it to St Paul and am sucking down some caffeine before strolling over to the venue for my talk this afternoon, and I’ve got a few minutes for a quickie link dump from the mailbag. Digest these for a while…
- There’s a great new response to the Randi paranormal challenge. Unfortunately, while I think her power is real and immense, it isn’t paranormal.
- This settles it. The war of the annoying you-tube videos has gone too far—now we’ve got singing Christian pirate puppets.
- They say Nelson’s Column is being renovated—I say it’s being used as a clandestine staging platform for the invasion of the Elder Gods.
- If you think scientists are obnoxious freethinkers, we’ve got nothin’ on the damned poets. “I am expelled for Atheism.”
- This could be a popular new ride at Sea World: take a ride on a Great White Shark.
- Uh-oh. It runs in the family…now my daughter is arguing with some creationist friends. (She’s a tough cookie, too—she won’t let me help at all, and is going to fight it out herself.)
- Well, I’m safely ensconced in a coffee shop in the worldly big city of St Paul. Do you think I should surprise the wife and come home with something like this?