The senator from Massachusetts is hosting a conference on The New Populism tomorrow in Washington, DC that seeks to promote the following agenda:
The New Populism Conference is an all-day event focused on strategies for educating, energizing and mobilizing around an agenda for economic change that strong majorities of Americans already support, including:
- Investing in good jobs to achieve full employment
- Ensuring that anyone who works full time should not be in poverty
- Breaking up the banks that are “too big to fail”
- Increasing, not cutting, Social Security benefits
- Recognizing that America is not broke; the rich and big corporations are not paying their fair share.
- Rejecting the Supreme Court’s view that corporations are people, and refusing to let big money buy our democracy.
The event will also be livestreamed. She was featured on The Colbert Report on Monday.
Later in the show, Colbert interviewed her.
(These clips aired on May 19, 2014. To get suggestions on how to view clips of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report outside the US, please see this earlier post. If the videos autoplay, please see here for a diagnosis and possible solutions.)