You get the good news first.
- Warnock has definitely defeated Loeffler in Georgia.
- Ossoff has a strong lead over Perdue that will probably strengthen as mail-in votes are counted.
- Democrats will gain control of the Senate, narrowly.
- Moscow Mitch’s stranglehold will be broken.
Now the bad news.
- These were close races. Almost half the voting citizens of Georgia voted for two rabidly conservative, corrupt Republicans.
- The Democrats are a conservative party, just less mad than the Republicans. Don’t expect rapid advancement of progressive legislation.
- The Blue Dog will have his day. The Democrats will be trying to appease Joe Manchin, the West Virginia DINO, so that he doesn’t defect to the other party.
It’s going to be interesting. Watch the Democrats drag their heels over doing the right thing over and over again, and then watch them lose in the next round of elections. At least they won’t be able to hide their sympathies anymore!