Cool, I’m on this podcast, The Disruptors. According to the blurb, this is what we talked about.
- The problem with religion and creationism clouding public discord
- Why evolution is so important to understand and how conservatives have created fake doubt
- How embryos evolve and why understanding the stages is actually quite important
- Why PZ’s more than a little worried about CRISPR and genetic engineering
- The truth about Gattica and designer babies
- Why Buddhism’s not much better than other religions in PZ’s book
- How religion came to be and why we’re still a long way off from eradicating it
- Why fake news mirrors religious beliefs and is caused by many of the same human flaws
- What scientists should learn from preachers and priests
- How to think about education and reforming communitiies
- Why the world is so divided and what we can do about it
- The science of gene testing and why we know a lot less than we think we do
I’m old, my memory is going, I don’t remember everything we talked about, but apparently it was everything. You be the judge, let me know what I got wrong.
Also, for those of you into podcasts in general, I’ll be on Philosophers in Space later this week, despite being neither a philosopher nor in outer space. I’ll let you all know when that drops.