It’s been a long, long day of committee meetings and classes and various other time-sucks. Time to unwind with a Friday Random Ten.
|Make Your Move||The Delgados|
|A Town Called Luckey||Rilo Kiley|
|Crazy Man Michael||Fairport Convention|
|Wicked Game||Chris Isaak|
|Not A Pretty Girl (live)||Ani Difranco with Indigo Girls|
charlie wagner says
“Horses Patti Smith”
Looking back over my life, I can count on my fingers the things that really blew my mind, like the first time I got laid and my first arrest for civil disobedience.
But seeing the Patti Smith Group perform “Horses” live at CBGB’s is near the top of my list.
It was better than coming…
Heres the last ten on MP3 server. Wifes out, watching baseball drinkin some bourbon.
Dr. Lonnie Smith – Charlie Brown
Z*Bonics – Apache Indian War Dance
Medeski Martin and Wood – New Planet
Lou Donaldson – Hamp’s Hump
Miles Davis – Spanish Key
Greyboy Allstars – Reasons
Rolling Stones – Monkey Man
John Scofield – Chank
Bill Withers – Use Me
Casandra Wilson – Run the Voodoo Down
James Brown – Think
Aaron M says
Architecture in Helsinki – In Case We Die (Parts 1-4)
Neutral Milk Hotel – You’ve Passed
Great Big Sea – Goin’ Up
M. Ward – Flaming Heart
Violent Femmes – Dahmer is Dead
Seu Jorge – Life on Mars?
They Might Be Giants – Ana Ng
Tapes ‘n Tapes – The Illiad
Los Lobos – Wicked Rain
Letters to Cleo – Disappear
Ben McIlwain says
Well, here it is. I own all you old geezers XD
Bid Wednesday – The Animatrix OST
Quicksilver – Pink Floyd
Bottom – Tool
Gateway – Yoko Kanno
Expander – Future Sound of London
Bravery – L’Arc En Ciel
Born Too Slow – The Crystal Method
Battle Strategy – Nobuo Uematsu
Re-Align (Acoustic) – Godsmack
Men in Metal – Don Davis
Wevie Stonder says
Ack. Ick. Phleuagh. Ptoo. Ptoo. Moby is a no talent born again Xtian.
The Wege says
OK, here’s my actual random ten, and why I now pick and choose my Friday tunes.
1. A Psychedelic Opera…Excerpt – J.A.Ceasar (Electric Psychedelic Sitar Headswirlers, Vol.9) 2, Cliffs Remix – Alarm Will Sound (Acoustica: Alarm Will Sound Performs Aphex Twin) 3. I Want Jesus to Walk With Me – Dorothy Melton (Goodbye, Babylon [Disc 04 (Salvation)]) 4. Ba – Goldmund (Corduroy Road) 5. dj krush – from kemuri production 6. Are You Glad to Be in America? – James Blood Ulmer (No Escape from the Blues) 7. No Escape (Refix) – DJ Skully Presents Klashnekoff (Focus Mode) 8. Sex Spider – Gogol Bordello (Voi-La Intruder)
9. Rising Minimal – Dictaphone (Domino 06: A Snapshot From the 2006 Domino Ten-Day) 10. Divertimento for violin, No 3 (1955) – Giacinto Scelsi (Chamber music for strings (Solo, Duo & Trio))
And yes, that would be a horrible set to listen to, encompassing old psychedelic music, gospel, dance/noise, toy piano, string orchestra, techno, gypsy punk, blues, broken beats and a “skit.”
It must be nice to have cohesive tastes that coexist peacefully on the same hard drive.
I believe that maintaining a random MP3 playlist is like perennial gardening – it can take a few years of grooming before it starts to look good year-round, from any angle. Mine is fairly young – there’s still a few bald spots here and there. Now playing:
1. Moana Chimes – M.K. Moke (It’s Hotter in Hawaii)
2. Detroit 9000 – Blaxploitation movie trailer
3. Tantie Ernestine – Lord Christo (Authentic Calypso)
4. Chiero de Saudades – Walter Wanderley (Rain Forest)
5. South Pacific Moonlight – Arthur Lyman (Bwana A)
6. Vai Joao – Ely Arcoverde Quartet
7. The Head Shrinker – Milton DeLugg and the Vampires (at the Monster’s Ball)
8. “I predict that a certain country in Europe, which has already known violence in its streets, will be revisited by trouble” – Maurice Woodruff (Know What Will Happen Tomorrow!)
9. Canto Puro Amor – Roberto Menescal
10. Tubby the Tuba, side 4 – Victor Jory
A bit heavy on the tropics, and no jazz, country, or Italian soundtracks. Ah, well.
Sixpak Chopra says
Don’t have one of those new-fangled iPod thingies, but I have to say that “Liege and Leaf” is probably my favorite of the classic Fairport Convention albums. “Tam Lin” rulez!!