I’m going to be attending the Women in Secularism conference in Washington DC this May (go, everyone, go!), and now I’m going to another conference: Empowering Women Through Secularism on 29-30 June in Dublin, Ireland. If you can’t make it to the CFI event, go to that one! Or both! They’re going to be excellent.
Here’s the speaker list so far for the Dublin conference:
- Ivana Bacik, Irish Senator and member of Atheist Ireland
- Dan Barker, Freedom From Religion Foundation, USA
- Ophelia Benson, author and commentator, USA
- Ann Brusseel, Member of Flemish Parliament, Belgium
- Mairin de Burca, writer and secularist, Ireland
- Jane Donnelly, Education Policy Officer Atheist Ireland
- Annie Laurie Gaylor, Freedom From Religion Foundation, USA
- Anthea McTiernan, Editor Irish Times Ticket Magazine
- PZ Myers, science professor and blogger, USA
- Maryam Namazie, Council of Ex-Muslims in Britain
- Taslima Nasrin, novelist and activist, Bangladesh and India
- Michael Nugent, Chairperson Atheist Ireland
- Nina Sankari, Polish Rationalist Association
- Farhana Shakir, lawyer and legal consultant, Pakistan
- Kate Smurthwaite, comedian and activist, Britain
- Anne Marie Waters, One Law for All Campaign, Britain
- Rebecca Watson, Skepchick network, USA
I see three gentlemen on that list who are going to be the recipients of lots of ‘mangina’ comments…but I don’t care, this is important.
Also, Dublin, a marvelous city. I’ll see you there.