Yes, I’ve got so much economic anxiety nowadays that I’m imagining voting for Trump. It’s the irrational solution. Good thing I’m not that irrational, so don’t worry, I’m voting for either Sanders or Warren, probably the former.
The rational solutions:
- I’ll plug our Defense vs. Carrier SLAPP suit gofundme again.
- I’ll remind you that we’re having a celebration of our victory on YouTube on Sunday, 23 February, at 6pm. There might be some begging for donations then, as well as ragging on Carrier.
- I’ll mention the Pharyngula Patreon. By popular request, I’ve added a $1/month tier for people who can’t afford more than a small tip. I appreciate every penny! We’ve gotten over 100 patrons, which is great.
- A couple of blogs here, like Affinity and stderr, have run occasional auctions to contribute to our defense fund. Right now, Affinity is giving away this lovely knife in return for the highest donation.
Strangely, many of these kinds of auctions involve extremely sharp edged weapons.
- If you can’t afford a regular donation but want to make a one-time contribution, there’s always paypal.me/pzmyers to toss me a few bucks.
Don’t worry if you can’t afford anything now — there is no degree of economic anxiety that will convince me to vote for Trump.