I must be getting old and senile. There is something wrong with my brain. I have seen all of these movies in the past year, and for the life of me I couldn’t tell you what happened in them.
- Doctor Strange
- Star Trek Beyond
- X-Men Apocalypse
- Suicide Squad
- Batman vs. Superman
I know I attended them. I recall blurs of cgi, loud explosions, and chaotic stories in which the fate of the world hung in the balance, but I can’t remember, or care, about a danged thing that happened in them. It’s weird, but there are also little snippets of things associated with them that are surely false memories.
- Tilda Swinton was an old Asian dude? That can’t be.
- Sabotage defeats the bad guys. Not the act of sabotage, but the song by the Beasty Boys. With lots of cgi.
Strangely, I can vividly remember the Beasty Boys’ music video of the song, but not what happened in the movie.
- A confusing ensemble cast re-enacting the plot of The Mummy?
- A bomb blows the head off a super-character we all cared so little about they didn’t even bother to introduce him.
- There’s something about Martha? And it disgusted me?
This is also an oddly spotty problem. I can recall everything about Mad Max: Fury Road, for instance.
Either I have to go in for a neurological check-up, or all of Hollywood does. The latter is highly unlikely, right?