India was partitioned in 1947. The partition of India is one of the greatest tragedies in human history. More than a million people were killed. 12 million people were uprooted from their homeland and crossed the boundaries between India and Pakistan. But not all Muslims left their homeland India and not all Hindus left their …
Tag Archive: Indian subcontinent
Jul 31 2012
Yes, it happens in the Indian subcontinent every year. It is a big patriarchal festival celebrated by Hindus. Men and women of all ages, of all classes and of all castes celebrate Raksha Bandhan or the bond of protection. On this auspicious day, sisters tie a silk thread called Rakhi on their brothers’ wrists and pray …
About the Author
- A Million Gods
- Ace of Clades
- Alethian Worldview
- Almost Diamonds
- Ashley Miller
- Black Skeptics
- Blag Hag
- Brute Reason
- Butterflies and Wheels
- Comradde PhysioProffe
- Dispatches from the Culture Wars
- En Tequila Es Verdad
- Godlessness in Theory
- Greta Christina's Blog
- Gruntled & Hinged
- Heteronormative Patriarchy for Men
- Lousy Canuck
- Mano Singham
- Maryam Namazie
- Nirmukta on FTB
- No Country for Women
- Reasonable Doubts
- Richard Carrier Blogs
- Sincerely, Natalie Reed
- The Atheist Experience
- The Crommunist Manifesto
- The Digital Cuttlefish
- The Indelible Stamp
- The Zingularity
- This Week in Christian Nationalism
- Zinnia Jones
- Fatwas. Court cases. Now an FIR against me for telling the truth.
- Sweden is closing its prisons. What about a prisonless world?
- Why and how a Hindu Brahmin became an atheist.
- Where is Hamed Abdel-Samad? Is he killed because he is critical of Islam?
- End Violence Against Women
- Elevatorgate India style
- The Cat
- On the day of children’s rights
- Mars 4 billion years ago.
- Anti-rape underwear
- Jafafa Hots on Sweden is closing its prisons. What about a prisonless world?
- Gilgamecha42 on Sweden is closing its prisons. What about a prisonless world?
- benetaylor on Sweden is closing its prisons. What about a prisonless world?
- Muhammad on A religious mother murdered her son for ‘failing to learn the Quran’
- Amit Shukla on Why and how a Hindu Brahmin became an atheist.
- Sunday school for atheists by Stephen "DarkSyde" Andrew
- Sunday Song: Assholes by Dana Hunter
- Israeli President Backs Marriage Equality by Ed Brayton
- Mock The Movie: The Indestructible Man transcript by Jason Thibeault
- Proof that Hellenism is the true religion by aronra
- What This Depression Survivor Hears When You Call Religion A Mental Illness by Miri, Professional Fun-Ruiner
- [Lounge #443] by PZ Myers
- Open thread on AETV #842: In Which Russell and Martin Are Adorable by Russell Glasser
- Courts must not rule on circumcision, even in Israel by Ally Fogg
- The Return of Matt Wykoff by Ed Brayton
- More examples of the double standard in the Middle East by Mano Singham
- Rage Blogging and Drama: The Elan Gale Story by Jason Thibeault