I’m doing a speaking tour in Minnesota in March, and if I don’t come up with a title for my talk soon, my host groups are going to greet me with torches and pitchforks. Okay, it’s not quite that bad yet – but I certainly am being a stereotypically difficult speaker at the moment. There are flyers to be made! It’s odd being on the other side for once.
Anyway, I need your help. I’m absolutely horrible at coming up with creative, witty titles. My talk is basically about:
- Why women should give up religion
- Why skepticism benefits feminism
- Why atheists should be feminists
- Why women are underrepresented in atheism, and how to help fix that.
I am so excited to give this talk in rural Minnesota.
But right now my working title is “Atheism & Feminism,” which is embarrassingly awful. Some fun titles my friends have suggested so far include:
- Dispelling Fallacies and Phallusies
- Denying The Man In Charge: Hey, It Worked For Suffrage
- How To Be Cooler Than God: Respect Women
- God’s Lady Problem: Breaking up with abusive supernatural beings
- Free Beer At This Talk
…Okay, maybe not that last one, though it would probably be effective.
Any suggestions, my lovely readers?