Just a few omens and portents:
- Freezing rain, in Minnesota. I’m stuck at home another day.
- Our version of a celebration was to watch a movie together. The first (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo) so repulsed her she made me turn it off after 45 minutes, the second (Clue) was so boring that she fell asleep halfway through and didn’t see the multiple endings.
- I knew we had freezing rain because my car alarm went off twice in the middle of the night, and we had to scurry out on the ice to shut it up. We got that instead of fireworks.
- I got texts from my siblings letting me know that my mother was celebrating the New Year in the hospital. She’s going to be OK, but they’re keeping her in for further observations.
- I woke up and Donald Trump is still president.
I may just go back to bed and wake up again when the signs are less dismal. See you in 2120!