You can now download the interview by Karl Mogel of Ken Miller and me. You’ll want to listen to it first of all for 1) Ken Miller, 2) the music I suggested, and lastly and leastly, 3) me. Unfortunately, I wasn’t impressed with Miller’s explanation of his comments in Kansas against atheists—it would help if he could make a defense without relying on straw-man mischaracterizations of prominent atheists. The sound track is Roger Waters’ music for “The Body”, which has a nice biological theme, but also makes a sneaky dig at Intelligent Design creationism—it’s got fart sounds in it.
Now there is another problem that came up. As usual, whenever I slither out into the real world and actually meet people or talk to them, I get these comments: “You sound so mellow.” “You seem to be a nice guy.” “You’re like…a college professor.” “You sound wimpy.” It’s terrible. I need an image makeover. I’m looking for suggestions, and here are a few ideas:
- Hire James Earl Jones to dub over everything I say.
- Eyepatch. Pegleg. Hook. Parrot.
- Get tattoos, wear black leather, arrive for appointments on a Harley.
- Develop maniacal laugh, cackle horribly at inappropriate times, acquire reputation for unpredictability.
- Vomit blood occasionally.
- Get elocution lessons from Lewis Black.