It was World Water Day yesterday.
Tag Archive: Water
Feb 20 2013
Wow! As little as five years ago, no one had detected water in the samples returned from the Moon. The advancement of instrumentation, such as secondary ion mass spectrometry and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, has made it possible to detect tiny, but measurable, amounts of water in the mineral grains from Apollo samples. In a …
Jun 03 2012
Once upon a time widows were burned alive on their dead husband’s funeral pyres. It was believed that if a widow burn herself to death soon after her husband died, her husband would go to heaven and all his sins would be gone with the wind. Suttee or sati (“good woman” or “chaste wife”) was …
About the Author
- A Million Gods
- Ace of Clades
- Alethian Worldview
- Almost Diamonds
- Ashley Miller
- Black Skeptics
- Blag Hag
- Brute Reason
- Butterflies and Wheels
- Comradde PhysioProffe
- Cristina Rad
- Dispatches from the Culture Wars
- En Tequila Es Verdad
- Godlessness in Theory
- Greta Christina's Blog
- Gruntled & Hinged
- Heteronormative Patriarchy for Men
- Lousy Canuck
- Mano Singham
- Maryam Namazie
- Nirmukta on FTB
- No Country for Women
- On the Margin of Error
- Reasonable Doubts
- Richard Carrier Blogs
- Sincerely, Natalie Reed
- The Atheist Experience
- The Crommunist Manifesto
- The Digital Cuttlefish
- The Indelible Stamp
- The Zingularity
- This Week in Christian Nationalism
- Zinnia Jones
- Islamic punishment: Amputation for theft
- Why do we all have to be afraid of Muslims?
- You are against embroidered burqas
- Holy Hell
- God in flames! Blasphemous music video!
- Fatwa cannot be forced upon people, Indian Supreme Court rules.
- Sometimes I just can’t stop laughing.
- The truth.
- We do not need divine assitance for anything really
- A woman was punished for being gang raped.
- streaming Pakistan vs Bangladesh on Bangladesh has potential to be worse than Pakistan.
- Samir on Ramadan was a non-Muslim pagan Arab festival
- timberwoof on Islamic punishment: Amputation for theft
- Life After Rape; Read With Caution - Parenting And Mental Health on Rape is old-fashioned. Gang rape is a trend.
- khalil Rizkallah on Ramadan was a non-Muslim pagan Arab festival
- Iran Before and After Shah: Clearing a Misunderstanding by Kaveh Mousavi
- Unidentified Flying Dinosaur: North Creek Woodpecker, Plus Bonus Frog Pick-Up Lines by Dana Hunter
- The diversity panel at CPAC by PZ Myers
- Things that are not postmodernist by Ophelia Benson
- Teach the children well by Ophelia Benson
- Opening College Doors To Cults? by Cuttlefish
- [Lounge #453] by PZ Myers
- Open Thread for AETV #855 - Matt and Tracie by heicart
- Critical Review of Maurice Casey’s Defense of the Historicity of Jesus by Richard Carrier
- Alamo Victims Get Half a Billion Dollars by Ed Brayton
- Separating god from morality by Ophelia Benson
- Quick, while I have the TERFs and MRAs distracted, go solve all the problems! by Jason Thibeault