There are a whole lot of new bloggers who have joined the Freethoughts Blog network recently and I feel guilty that I have not been keeping up with them. I just discovered that Marcus Ranum, whom many of you will recognize because of his spirited contributions in the comments here, has his own blog where he has been posting since June 26.
The name of the blog is ‘stderr’ and in his first post he lists the things he plans to write about.
• Gun control (eventually)
• Military procurement, corruption, grand strategy, imperialism
• Computer security <– “that’s my thing“
• The surveillance state and its many lies and incompetencies
• Religion and philosophy, specifically, arei religions much in the way of philosophies?
• Book reports – I’m not sure what else to call them. They won’t be “reviews” – they’ll be more along the lines of ‘a bunch of things that reading this book made me think about’
• Maybe some recipes
• Maybe some stuff about various crafts I get involved in
• Rhetorical tricks and “can your dialectics break bricks?”
• Anarchism and moral nihilism
• Historical skepticism
I strongly recommend those of you who like me have not been keeping abreast of the new blogs and are unaware of Marcus’s blog to check it out. In particular, I recommend his recent post on the colossal waste of money by the military. It has clearly become a lavish entitlement program for the military-industrial complex, funded and shielded by both parties. If our politicians spent a tiny fraction of the time they spend on unearthing petty welfare cheats to look at what the military does with trillions of our dollars, we could save enough to fully fund universal health care.