This has been a week of despair, mostly.
- The Michael Cohen testimony has given us a crystal clear picture of a corrupt crime family occupying the White House.
- We’ve learned that Jared Kushner has a security clearance by presidential fiat — it’s rank nepotism.
- Trump went to Vietnam to negotiate with North Korea…and the talks collapsed almost instantly. The self-identified deal-maker flopped, and flopped hard.
- India and Pakistan are on the brink of a “limited nuclear war”.
- Democrats and Republicans have never really challenged the banks before. A group of progressive women led by Maxine Waters are showing everyone how it’s done. (I had to include one hopeful story).
And you all wonder why I’ve found enjoyment in studying the lives of spiders this year. There’s a reason: I’d rather immerse myself in the study of a species that isn’t full of stupid evil assholes.