Hiram Jiminez ordered a sizzling fajita skillet at Applebee’s; first mistake. Second mistake: praying over his food.
Jiminez said he heard a loud sizzling noise as his face was bowed just inches from the freshly cooked meal and then was burned by grease popping in his eye and face.
The diner said he panicked and knocked the piping-hot steak fajita onto his lap, which caused more burns.
Jiminez did not suffer any scarring from his burns, but he sued the restaurant for damages, claiming the eatery negligently served him hot food.
I’m sure it was terrible for him, and that he was actually injured by his decision to stick his face in the platter, but it sounded like something from the Three Stooges. I might have snickered mean-spiritedly a bit at the story, and then felt a bit of remorse, but that was wiped away by the absurdity of suing a restaurant for serving hot food.
The restaurant was doing what it was supposed to do, it was his god who screwed up. Or maybe not; maybe Jesus was sending him a message by trying to fry his lap.