Hey Cromrades, my #SSAweek Blogathon contribution day is rapidly approaching. For those of you who don’t know, I’ve pledged to learn, record, and post songs that you request, for a minimum donation of $10. Here’s a recap of the requests I’ve received thus far:
- lorenprice pledges $15, and requests “Helter Skelter” by the Beatles
- Cunning Pam pledges $25, and requests something by They Might Be Giants
- jolo5309 pledges $10(? – didn’t specify), and requests one of three Canadian jazz(ish) tunes, to be chosen by me
- John Horstman pledges $50, and requests “Thanks, Bastards” by Mischief Brew
- Julia pledges $10(? – didn’t specify), and requests an original pro-science song her a capella group performs
- Frogmistress pledges $10, and requests “3 Small Words” by Josie and the Pussycats
- MSM16 pledges $50, and requests “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor
- Karen pledges $10, and requests “The Ballad of Day Kitty” by Lou Barlow
A total of 8 donors and $180! I’ve certainly got my work cut out for me. There’s still lots of time for you to pledge and submit your request. I’d love to get past the $500 mark. Remember if JT Eberhard and I combine for a total of more than $1000, we’ll face off in an epic song battle to the tune of “Under Pressure” by Queen. If we outraise him, I’ll make him sing the RikRok part to Shaggy’s timeless “It Wasn’t Me”. Trust me – you’ll enjoy my Shaggy impression.
To try and pry your wallets open just a little bit more, here’s a video I shot last night that exposes me as the Buffy fanboy I am:
Give to me your monies! And by ‘me’, I mean the Secular Student Alliance.
Like this article? Follow me on Twitter!