Haryana Khap blames consumption of chow mein for rapes. A khap panchayat, or a traditional socio-political administration and organization, in Haryana’s Jind district has blamed consumption of chow mein behind the growing incidents of rapes in the state saying it leads to hormonal imbalance.
Tag Archive: Khap Panchayat
Aug 05 2012
Khap is a powerful social institution. It exists in Jat Hindu community in some states of Northern India. Some elderly men set rules for everyone. You do not follow the rules, you get severe punishment. Khap does not allow people to marry in the same gotra or clan. It is believed that millions of people living in …
About the Author
- A Million Gods
- Ace of Clades
- Alethian Worldview
- Almost Diamonds
- Ashley Miller
- Black Skeptics
- Blag Hag
- Brute Reason
- Butterflies and Wheels
- Comradde PhysioProffe
- Dispatches from the Culture Wars
- En Tequila Es Verdad
- Godlessness in Theory
- Greta Christina's Blog
- Gruntled & Hinged
- Heteronormative Patriarchy for Men
- Lousy Canuck
- Mano Singham
- Maryam Namazie
- Nirmukta on FTB
- No Country for Women
- Reasonable Doubts
- Richard Carrier Blogs
- Sincerely, Natalie Reed
- The Atheist Experience
- The Crommunist Manifesto
- The Digital Cuttlefish
- The Indelible Stamp
- The Zingularity
- This Week in Christian Nationalism
- Zinnia Jones
- Fatwas. Court cases. Now an FIR against me for telling the truth.
- Sweden is closing its prisons. What about a prisonless world?
- Why and how a Hindu Brahmin became an atheist.
- Where is Hamed Abdel-Samad? Is he killed because he is critical of Islam?
- End Violence Against Women
- Elevatorgate India style
- The Cat
- On the day of children’s rights
- Mars 4 billion years ago.
- Anti-rape underwear
- Kausik Datta on Fatwas. Court cases. Now an FIR against me for telling the truth.
- kheteshwar borawat on Fatwas. Court cases. Now an FIR against me for telling the truth.
- Gregory in Seattle on Fatwas. Court cases. Now an FIR against me for telling the truth.
- Avicenna on Fatwas. Court cases. Now an FIR against me for telling the truth.
- Taslima Nasreen on Fatwas. Court cases. Now an FIR against me for telling the truth.
- Forgotten by Ophelia Benson
- The Gettier Problem by Richard Carrier
- Miller: Gay Rights Lead to 'State-Sanctioned Murder of Christians' by Ed Brayton
- The Republican downward spiral continues apace by Mano Singham
- The Contraception Mandate and RFRA by Ed Brayton
- No Deepak, The Brain is Not Mysterious by Avicenna
- Bullying at 35 thousand feet by Ophelia Benson
- [Lounge #443] by PZ Myers
- The Return of Matt Wykoff by Ed Brayton
- Open thread on AETV #842: In Which Russell and Martin Are Adorable by Russell Glasser
- Courts must not rule on circumcision, even in Israel by Ally Fogg
- Why and how a Hindu Brahmin became an atheist. by Taslima Nasreen