Do you need a laugh this morning?


Eight sentences, eight of them totally wrong. (The X chromosome is 3 times larger than Y, and has 16 times as many genes, so even where they were going in the right direction they got all the details wrong.) That sounds like the Ray Comfort school of sexual education.


  1. weylguy says

    It is well known that in ancient days the assistants of males were sterile, but the males were fully virile.

  2. brightmoon says

    I hear too much of that drivel even in my own family and they know I’ve got a biology degree and have repeatedly told them it was stupidly wrong! 🤦🏾‍♀️

  3. birgerjohansson says

    I do not see any boobs or genitals.
    The image is no more revealing than many ads for sunscreen, or vacation on beaches.

  4. birgerjohansson says

    I get it.
    The image would be a violation of Sharia, and hurt the feelings of Prudiferians of several religions.
    Which is a reason to go on showing it.
    Increasing the blood pressure of fundies will result in a nonzero number of them having a stroke.
    Add a sign saying “all gods are bastards”, please.

  5. birgerjohansson says

    I would say “virus-transferred genes created us”. So that is a reason to show an image of two virus particles.

  6. Akira MacKenzie says

    There nipples and vulva’s might be covered BUT THEY ARE STILL FUCKING NAKED!!! I don’t know where most of you work, but if the wrong people saw that on my screen if they passed by my workstation, I’m getting reported and most likely fired!

  7. Akira MacKenzie says

    Sorry, things have gotten really shitty at work the last few days. I hate this job, but I need it because I’m 48 and if I lose this job there won’t be another.

  8. bcw bcw says

    Proof that the backstory to “Wonder Woman” is historical fact.

    Clearly, the guy had a predate with a woman and she turned him down.

  9. birgerjohansson says

    “Women created us” is technically correct unless your fetus was grown in a vat.

  10. Akira MacKenzie says

    Clearly, the guy had a predate with a woman and she turned him down.

    Heh… Sounds like my love life:

    Me: “Hello Do you…?”


    Me: “Errrrr…I was just going to ask you for the time.”

    Woman: “POOOOOOLICE!!!”

  11. NitricAcid says


    That’s why we have dating apps- the 98% of women who find guys our age repulsive will filter themselves out, and you have a chance at meeting the 2%.

    And the same phone you use to check the app will also tell you the time.

  12. unclefrogy says

    if I had to chose what fantasy world to live in this guy’s world would not be the one I would chose I would rather live in the one where “Puss in Boots ” is reality!

  13. silvrhalide says

    @16 Well there’s always the federal government as employer of last resort. Fair warning though: The stupid, it burns! BUUUUURRRRNNNNNS!!!

    Had to Skype chat w/coworkers today & a distressingly large number of them have not a fucking clue as to what a homophone is.

  14. says

    That sounds like the Ray Comfort school of sexual education.

    I really don’t think he’d give women even one-tenth this much credit, even if it was all provably true.

  15. chrislawson says

    Akira, it’s unfortunate that you have a workplace that is so abominable. My sympathies. The idea behind NSFW warnings is good — to stop accidentally displaying material on screen that may be inappropriate for the workplace. In principle, it reduces the inherent sexism of the environment since the vast majority of NSFW material is sexual or outright pornographic. But, as always, if there is a way to turn a good principle into stick for beating people, there will be a petty martinet in a position of power who will find a way. It’s exactly the kind of warped mentality that led Facebook and pre-Musk Twitter to ban breastfeeding information accounts while permitting right-wing conspiracy kooks.
    Brightmoon: sympathies on your family. I have similar issues with relatives who have never worked in any health profession telling me all about what is wrong with the medical system in Australia — which to be fair has many, many flaws, just not the ones my relos have picked up from the Murdoch mendaxosphere. And when one tries to explain, you can see their eyes glaze over and their gaze turn elsewhere. They literally have no interest in the truth, just in picking up justifications for selfish behaviour.

    I once had a christmas conversation where it was explained to me how Australia (one of the wealthiest countries in the world) can’t afford to pay for poor people’s basic needs like health and shelter, and then in the space of five minutes, was attacking me for suggesting we get rid of our share-franking system (a wealth-advantaging dodge that every federal tax review for the last 30 years has strongly advised scrapping but no government has been willing to upset the financial industry) that he manipulates to get a payout from the government every year for owning the right shares because, and I quote, “If it weren’t for that, I couldn’t afford to fly first class to Switzerland every year.” So yeah, Australia can’t afford to feed kids in poverty, but can afford to pay for annual first-class holidays in Europe. It’s the kind of line you wouldn’t believe if it was in a scripted TV drama…

  16. chrislawson says

    Clearly no idea what the Bartholin gland is. What a pity it is so difficult in this day and age to learn about human physiology. /s

  17. Oggie: Mathom says


    Why is semen capitalized?

    I think Seaman is capitalized because it is a rank in the US Navy. I was a Private, First Class, and that was capitalized.



    Of course, Semen is a name. For instance, Semen Semenchenko ranks pretty high in the Ukraine government . . . .


    They lost me at “predate.”

    Yeah. I have the same problem when a Christian says they will prey for me. Does that mean prey on me? Or provide prey for me? Damn Homophones. Messing up everything.


    “Women created us” is technically correct unless your fetus was grown in a vat.

    I think each one of us was created by one woman, not women. Unless you mean collective women created collective us.

    By the by, I recently discovered the joys of small-batch rye whiskey. I am currently on my third tumbler of Dad’s Hat whiskey.. The 90 proof stuff. Straight.



    I understand how difficult it can be to work in severely restricted and/or hostile workplaces. I spent almost thirty years with the National Park Service, and at least half of that time was one, the other, or both. The other half was pretty good. Of course, I could also get away to forest fires for a couple of weeks to get my head together, so I may have had more of an outlet than you.

    And don’t sell yourself short as far as the possibility of changing jobs. You are intelligent, well spoken, and passionate. Which are, for many jobs, absolute pluses. Including many federal jobs.

  18. StevoR says

    @ ^ Oggie: Mathom :

    Fun fact there was an old F1 driver named Dick Seamen back inthe 1930’s! See :

    Oh and apparently also Seamen is a dog :

    Specifically a Newfoundland breed one which was a member of the Lewis and Clark Expedition & wikipedia claism to be “..the only animal to complete the entire three-year trip.” Which rather ignores the fact that humans are technically animals too but still impressive!

    @25. chrislawson : First I can recall hearing about the Bartholin gland here too. See :

    Umm.. a bit NotSafe for work there too – part of the genitalia.

    @21. unclefrogy : I’d prefer to live in the Star Trek verse here myself. The Original Series one.

    PS. Seconding Erlend Meyer in my condolences to Akira MacKenzie’s workplace conditions here too.

  19. ajbjasus says

    Arsenals goalie was David Seamen.

    On one ocassion, he cleverly extricated himself from a trick situation by running past an attacker with the ball and outside the penalty area.

    Commentator “Seamen comes dribbling out if the box”

    I should grownup. Probably.

  20. Ed Seedhouse says

    Did I miss something? I can’t figure out where the content of this post came from. I would feel better if I knew who to laugh at.

  21. StevoR says

    @28. ajbjasus : Reminds me of the classic line from cricket commentary when West Indian quick Michael Holding ( ) was bowling to English batsmen Pete Willey ( mythically resulting in the commentator noting :

    “The bowler’s Holding the batsman’s Willey!”

    A line that has become a book title FWIW ( ) but sadly appears to be an urban legend. (See anecdotes in the Willey wikipage.)

  22. John Morales says

    I wasn’t looking for it, but… well, done, larpar. Now I know without effort.

    (Kinda makes me realise just how well PZ can compartmentalise his blogging from his vocation, actually)

  23. xohjoh2n says


    I think each one of us was created by one woman, not women. Unless you mean collective women created collective us.

    Well, as Fred Brooks (RIP) pointed out it’s much more efficient to set 9 women to the job, then you can produce a baby in just one month. I’m pretty sure that’s what he said.

  24. ajbjasus says

    @28 Steve. I think you are right but I’m pretty sure I heard

    “Lillee, caught Willey, bowled Dilley.

    You can work out 5he players involved.

    East Fife four, Forfar Five !

  25. Ed Seedhouse says

    @33: It’s from Reddit.
    Thanks, but it doesn’t help much since the post there appears to be completely unsourced too. I don’t use Reddit so that may just be the usual thing there.