RALLY FOR REASON update
DR. LAWRENCE M. KRAUSS JOINS SPEAKER
ROSTER — RALLY FOR REASON — SLATED FOR
MEMORIAL DAY (THIS MONDAY) May 28, 2007
The RALLY FOR REASON announced today that Dr. Lawrence M. Krauss, Professor of Astronomy and Physics at Case Western Reserve University, has joined the speaker roster for Monday’s demonstration outside the gates of the Answers in Genesis Creation Museum in Boone County, KY.
RALLY FOR REASON is a coalition of secular, religious, educational and other groups defending “good science and the teaching of good science in public schools” against religion-based attacks on evolution and other areas of the scientific enterprise. The Rally will begin at 9:00 AM on Memorial Day (this Monday) May 28, 2007.
Dr. Krauss is the author of several best-selling books including “The physics of Star Trek,” “Fear of Physics,” and “Quintessence.” He was born in New York City, and received undergraduate degrees in Mathematics and Physics from Carleton University. In 1982, he received his Ph.D. from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He has appeared regularly in national media as a staunch advocate for science, and spoken out against so-called “intelligent design” and Old Testament-based “creationist” accounts.
Dr. Krauss joins an already-impressive line-up of scientists, civic activists, educators and others who will be speaking at Monday’s rally.
THOUSANDS OF Atheists, Freethinkers, and Humanists will be joining other advocates of secular education and good science to protest at the opening of the “Answers in Genesis” Creationist Museum in Boone County, KY. on Memorial Day — Monday, May 28, 2006. We do not oppose the right of AIG or other religious groups to express their opinions, no matter how inaccurate or fanciful. We do support the scientific enterprise, and the teaching of good science.
THE EVENING BEFORE this historic event, the Free Inquiry Group of Cincinnati will host a “Rally for Reason Speak-Out”at the nearby Hilton Cincinnati Airport Hotel. Speakers will include Arlene-Marie (Michigan Atheists); Rev. Mendle Adams, opponent of Creationist fantasy and misinformation; Frank Zindler (American Atheists Science Policy Advisor); Dr. Gene Kritsky, evolutionary biologist; Dr. Helen Kagin, physician and many others. There will be an open microphone for comments and Q&A. The FIG web site is at http://www.gofigger.org .
* The Rally for Reason will take place beginning at 9:00 AM, Monday (Memorial Day) May 28, 2007 outsides the gates of the “Answers in Genesis Creation Museum,” set to open that very day. The venue is Bullittsburg Church Road, Exit 11, off of 275 West from I-75, Petersburg Road in Boone County, KY.
* Lodging and other services are within a few minutes drive, so check the RfR web site at http://www.rallyforreason.com . We suggest, though, that you bring water, some food, and dress appropriately for the event.
* Bring signs and banners. We urge you to keep the message polite and simple. Visit http://www.rallyforreason.com
web site for more.
* Endorse the Rally for Reason! Local, regional and national groups are supporting this important protest on behalf of good science and sane public policy. Give your endorsement, and send your logo, to the RfR web master at firstname.lastname@example.org .
* The RALLY FOR REASON Speak-Out will be held the night before the rally and is hosted by the Free Inquiry Group of Cincinnati. Get more information at http://www.gofigger.org.
WHAT: The RALLY FOR REASON Speak-Out
WHEN: Sunday, May 27, 2007 (the night before the Rally), 7:00 PM EDT
WHERE: The Hilton Cincinnati Airport Hotel, 7373 Turfway Road, Florence, KY. (Yes, the Cincinnati Airport is actually located in Kentucky, but is right across the Ohio state line and near Cincinnati. The Speak-Out and Rally are all taking place within a proximate area.).
PLEASE make plans now to attend these historic events… We’ll see you at the Rally for Reason demo and speak-out!