Yesterday I was privileged to join Ethan Clow, the Vancouver chapter president of CFI Vancouver (the handsome devil you saw talking to Deepak Chopra) on his radio show “Radio Freethinker” on UBC’s campus radio. This is a weekly skeptic podcast that looks at skeptic issues in the news and discusses various salient skeptic topics. I was present as a special guest, along with Jakob Liljenwall, head of the Simon Fraser University Skeptics group.
We discussed, among other things:
- Belgian police raiding a Catholic Church;
- Organic pesticides being worse than synthetic for the environment;
- The G8/G20 events; and
- Confrontation vs. Accommodation in the skeptic movement
Of course Ethan, Jakob and I have similar views on things, but we had a fairly lively discussion nonetheless. As you listen to the podcast, you’ll immediately notice two things:
- Some of the things I talk about have appeared (or will appear, depending on when you’re reading this) on this blog, and
- There is a reason I prefer writing to speaking – I backtrack a lot while trying to explain myself.
So if you’ve ever wondered if I have a sexy voice, or you’re a friend of mine and you miss my sexy voice, give “Radio Freethinker” a listen. If the subject matter interests you, check it out Tuesdays at 3:30 on CITR 101.9 FM in Vancouver.