This weeks recipe war battle is soup! Comrade PhysioProf loves motherfucking soup. In fact, Comrade Physioprof considers a day without soup like a day without sunshine. The soup that Comrade PhysioProf has decided on is Italian wedding soup with beef and pork meatballs, and escarole. I just made the shit, drinking a fuckload of Jameson, and let me tell you: it is fucking tasty!!
1/2 pound ground pork
2/3 pound ground beef (90% lean)
3 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
6 cloves chopped garlic
4 tablespoons grated parmagiano reggiano
2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2 large eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons cornmeal
extra virgin olive oil
3/4 cups chopped onion
3/4 cups chopped carrots
6 cloves garlic, chopped
12 cups chicken broth (yes, Comrade PhysioProf used packaged; you wanna boil a motherfucking chicken, knock your ass out)
4 cups ripped up escarole
1 1/2 cups uncooked orzo
Jameson on the rocks, as required
(1) Chop all that vegetable shit up, and grate the motherfucking reggiano (grate a fuckload extra, because you are gonna put a bunch on the shit when it’s done).
(2) Combine all the meatball ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands:
(3) Sautee the onions, carrots, and garlic in olive oil, until it looks like this:
(4) Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil, adding salt and fresh-ground pepper to taste.
(5) While thta shit is sauteeing and coming to a boil, form the meatball stuff into little balls:
(6) Add the meatballs and the orzo to the soup and simmer on medium heat for ten minutes. Add the escarole and simmer for another five minutes:
(7) Plate and eat!!!!!!!!!
And put some grated reggiano on that motherfucker!!!