I took a break from everything yesterday. It felt good. Today, I woke up, stretched, and noticed all the wild and crazy things that are going on with fresh eyes, and thought everyone would appreciate a little reminder.
- The Republicans still want to dismantle the one reliable government institution, the US Postal Service!
- The Republicans are engaging in ongoing acts of voter suppression!
- Trans people are still getting murdered for being who they are!
- Did you remember…we’re still in the middle of a pandemic? That one slipped my mind!
- Republicans have shut down women’s medical services all across the country because they don’t want them to control their own reproductive health!
- Misogyny! It’s still a thing!
- The Republicans hate education, especially higher ed, and would like to shut it all down!
- Uh-oh. Climate change hasn’t stopped to give us a break — the planet is still warming!
- The Supreme Court is still in the hands of Republican ideologues!
- Mitch McConnell is still controlling the senate, blocking responsible legislation right and left!
- Our president is still a tyrannical narcissist!
- The Democrats are in the process of nominating an incoherent geezer in the pocket of the banks and insurance companies to run against him.
- Black people have been oppressed for at least 4 centuries, and white people like it that way!
I probably forgot a few crises and institutionalized horrors, but I just started on my first cup of coffee. AMERICA!