Facebook claims to be cracking down on “fake news”, but in a press conference with journalists to announce their great progress, the Facebook flak was asked one simple, penetrating question. What about Alex Jones’ InfoWars site? Is that going to be blocked?
Guess what…no. They aren’t touching this one extraordinarily prominent source of patent bullshit. Nope. This one is an obvious no-brainer, yet somehow they make excuses to avoid an easy target that would demonstrate a real commitment to cleaning up their service.
During yesterday’s session, Su argued that Infowars operates in a gray area — often toeing the line of provably false but not always crossing it — and, according to CNN, suggested that the company was focusing its takedown efforts on outlets that “can be proven beyond a doubt to be demonstrably false.”
Huh. Which one of these InfoWars claims can’t be demonstrated to be false? How stupid are the people at Facebook?
- Hitler is still alive, under the protection of the US government
- Human-pig chimeras are talking
- NASA is running a child slave colony on Mars
- The Democrats are running a pedophile ring in the basement of a pizza parlor
- Michelle Obama is actually a man
- Sandy Hook was a false flag operation
- Barack Obama is the global head of Al-Qaeda
- Kids are being turned gay by juice boxes
- Lady Gaga used the Superbowl halftime to perform a Satanic ritual
I would like to know which of these Mark Zuckerberg thinks might be true. I want to see his personal testimonial for each and every one of them, or I’m calling shenanigans on the frauds at Facebook.