Today on TAE, Don discusses category errors in the Bible, and then he and Tracie take viewer calls.
The Atheist Experience is a production of the Atheist Community of Austin, a Texas nonprofit educational organization dedicated to the separation of church and state and promoting positive atheist culture.
General TAE Links
- Atheist Community of Austin
- TAE official Youtube channel
- TAE official blog, at Freethought Blogs (If you’re looking at this list, you’ve found it)
- TAE official Facebook discussion group
- TAE E-mail address: email@example.com
- Non Prophets podcast (airs monthly, 1st & 3rd Wednesdays)
- Talk Heathen youtube channel
- Star of India (aftershow dinner spot; meetup between 6-6:30 PM)
- TAE’s U-Host Challenge information
General useful resources
- Recovering from Religion
- Secular Therapy Project
- Bible Gateway – a source for searching different Bible versions for Bible verses
- Talk Origins – Information on the science affecting creationist claims
Links of interest to this week’s program
- This history and evolution of “Elohim”
- Galatians I (verses 1-9 discussed on the show)
- In the conversation about Galatians, I (Tracie) was asked whether I believed the Galatians had read the Letter to the Hebrews. On the fly I didn’t know. But after looking it up, the answer is “no, and it wouldn’t matter if they had.” The letter is considered to be a forgery and not an authentic Pauline letter (whereas Galatians is considered to be authentic–in contrast). And the letter to the Hebrews is dated after the latest estimated date for the Galatian letters–meaning that it didn’t exist at the time Galatians would have been written and read.