Here you can see most of the tail with most feathers finished.
The tail is completely finished now. Each feather, whether big or small, took me over two hours to make, so with all the prep work, etc. about twenty hours for the whole tail. The reason why small feathers took nearly as much time as the big ones is that what I wrote previously – the narrow long straight-ish part starts with eight bobbins but the ends are 16 bobbins of different colors so it is not exactly easy to keep track of them.
I started doing the wings too, but I had to stop the works for a few days again because I am depressed as hell and it is difficult enough to get out of bed and heat the house, let alone do something on top of that. I started the wings in red, did not like it, and had to undo it. So here is a picture of undoing the lace. It is the same as doing it, except going in the opposite direction.
I did not like the red color directly near the red body and I also did not like the weave being so tight. I have used a very tight weave on the head and neck, but I won’t be using it on the wings because I think the wings will look better with the thread pattern being more obvious. If I won’t like the result, I will have to undo it again.
Anne, Cranky Cat Lady says
You are an artist.
Wow, this is amazing. I’m sorry that “the grey feeling” has caught up with you again, and I feel your pain about having to undo things.
Sorry your mood is matching the sky around here Charly.
The tail is amazing. Tedious as the unpicking must havve been I think you are right not to have solid red on the wings next to the body, they wouldn’t stand out, and they should be almost etherial compared to the body . . .
Ice Swimmer says
It is a work of art, and gorgeous.
Concurring with Jazzlet on the wings. Also about your mood. May the lengthening days give you more light and colours.