A perfect New Year resolution would be to do away with God and all its attendant delusions. Most importantly, it would mean you no longer give a stamp of approval to all the ills, harms and atrocities perpetrated in the name of God under the umbrella of Religion as commanded in the Hoy book, be it the Bible, Quran or any other deluded book, aka the Word of God.
In recent years, we have seen how much harm and havoc God delusion can bring to humanity. It is not just about hearing old stories about how God sanctioned and even commanded slavery, genocides, plagues, jihads, stoning to death of non-virgin wives and gays, we cannot in good conscience, continue to say “Oh that was days of old”.
In recent years:
- We have seen innocent people beheaded in the name of God to the shouts of “Allahu Akbar”.
- We have seen children blown up in schools in the name of God.
- We have seen young girls kidnapped and married off in the name of God.
- We have witnessed young girls shot in the head for daring to seek an education.
- We have seen people blowing one another up because of God‘s promised land to his ‘Chosen people’.
- We have seen lesbians, gays, bisexuals and Trans oppressed, bullied, forced to commit suicide, thrown in jail, and even stoned to death all in the name of God and Religion.
- We have seen women denied equal rights because the word of God says women must be submissive.
- We have seen women denied the right to have an abortion even when the life of the mother is in danger because, well God, and soul.
- We have seen right before our eyes, wars and suicide bombings induced by people fighting over whose God is better.
- We have seen these atrocities, discrimination, and oppression being justified with quotes from the very book we look up to as the perfect word of God.