I just love this excellent letter written by Pakistani journalist Kunwar Khuldune Shahid. Such a wonderful response to those ‘educated’ women who are proud of being veiled Muslims and who foolishly defend Islam, the anti-women religion. The author of this letter is a man. I am proud of men like Kunwar Khuldune, who believe in …
Tag Archive: Amina
Jun 27 2013
Caroline Fourest, the courageous French writer and journalist and I have joined a Tunisian secularists’ demonstration held in Paris day before yesterday. We showed our solidarity towards Tunisian secularists and Amina as well. We have been campaigning for Amina,the Tunisian Femen activist. FREE FEMEN Francois Hollande, the President of France is going to visit Tunisia …
Mar 29 2013
Feminists around the world have been supporting Amina, a 19 year old Tunisian girl who posted a topless photo of herself bearing the slogan “my body belongs to me, and is not the source of anyone’s honour” has been threatened with death. Tunisia was once considered one of the most liberal Muslim countries. But unfortunately …
About the Author
- A Million Gods
- Ace of Clades
- Alethian Worldview
- Almost Diamonds
- Ashley Miller
- Black Skeptics
- Blag Hag
- Brute Reason
- Butterflies and Wheels
- Comradde PhysioProffe
- Cristina Rad
- Dispatches from the Culture Wars
- En Tequila Es Verdad
- Godlessness in Theory
- Greta Christina's Blog
- Gruntled & Hinged
- Heteronormative Patriarchy for Men
- Lousy Canuck
- Mano Singham
- Maryam Namazie
- Nirmukta on FTB
- No Country for Women
- On the Margin of Error
- Reasonable Doubts
- Richard Carrier Blogs
- Sincerely, Natalie Reed
- The Atheist Experience
- The Crommunist Manifesto
- The Digital Cuttlefish
- The Indelible Stamp
- The Zingularity
- This Week in Christian Nationalism
- Zinnia Jones
- Islamic punishment: Amputation for theft
- Why do we all have to be afraid of Muslims?
- You are against embroidered burqas
- Holy Hell
- God in flames! Blasphemous music video!
- Fatwa cannot be forced upon people, Indian Supreme Court rules.
- Sometimes I just can’t stop laughing.
- The truth.
- We do not need divine assitance for anything really
- A woman was punished for being gang raped.
- Jake Carson on Size Matters. I told you!
- streaming Pakistan vs Bangladesh on Bangladesh has potential to be worse than Pakistan.
- Samir on Ramadan was a non-Muslim pagan Arab festival
- timberwoof on Islamic punishment: Amputation for theft
- Life After Rape; Read With Caution - Parenting And Mental Health on Rape is old-fashioned. Gang rape is a trend.
- Iran Before and After the Shah: Clearing a Misunderstanding by Kaveh Mousavi
- Unidentified Flying Dinosaur: North Creek Woodpecker, Plus Bonus Frog Pick-Up Lines by Dana Hunter
- The diversity panel at CPAC by PZ Myers
- Things that are not postmodernist by Ophelia Benson
- Teach the children well by Ophelia Benson
- Opening College Doors To Cults? by Cuttlefish
- [Lounge #453] by PZ Myers
- Open Thread for AETV #855 - Matt and Tracie by heicart
- Critical Review of Maurice Casey’s Defense of the Historicity of Jesus by Richard Carrier
- Alamo Victims Get Half a Billion Dollars by Ed Brayton
- Separating god from morality by Ophelia Benson
- Quick, while I have the TERFs and MRAs distracted, go solve all the problems! by Jason Thibeault