Quantcast

«

»

May 26 2014

Stages of a Scientific Project

This is a great blogge poste describing the stages of a scientific project. Here is a graphical summary:

Kind of reminds me of Kubler-Ross’s “stages of grief”!

2 comments

  1. 1
    Trebuchet

    Reminds me of an engineering project as well.

    Don’t forget the old maxim, however:
    The first 90% of the project takes 90% of the time.
    The last 10% of the project takes the other 90% of the time.

  2. 2
    Bill Gascoyne

    For an engineering project, I’ve always heard them as:
    1. Enthusiasm
    2. Disillusionment
    3. Panic
    4. Search for the guilty
    5. Punishment of the innocent
    6. Praise and honors for the non-participants

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>